CLICK/TAP ON A PHOTO TO SEE ENLARGEMENT
1. Take all paper kit parts from the sleeve.
2. Separate carefully for smoother edges.
6a. Punch out 3 chads by Group 1
6c. Punch out 2 chads between 2 & 3
6e. Punch out chads along the bottom
7. Roll up the Hydrogen strip for safety
Needed: 5 large paperclips, scissors, a short pencil, glossy finish transparent Scotch tape (matte finish tape shows badly).
Light coming from behind over your shoulder will help light the model at the end of the assembly, when working black on black with clear tape.
1. Remove contents of sleeve.
2. Separate all die-cut sections
3. Save the 3D periodic table sketches, the de Chancourtois material, and the photos (for reference) of various views of the model.
4. Put aside all except the 2 with element data/photo boxes.
5. Put the smaller section aside and the larger section - the s-, d-, and p-blocks - element photo side up.
6. Punch out, with a paperclip, the small center 'crescent shaped' chads in the vertical slots:
a. by the fold crease at the beginning of the periods at Group 1.
b. near Beryllium on the left end of the Hydrogen strip.
c. at the flap crease next to Boron
d. low on the interface between the Groups 2 & 3
e. Also remove chads from horizontal slots in the bottom white strip where there are (sometimes multiple) slots under groups 1, 2, 3, 4, 11, and 12.
7. Roll the extended Hydrogen strip up to about a 3" to 4" diameter and paperclip it together - front and back - above Fluorine.
8. Turn the whole section over, black side up, bottom toward you.
NEXT - Making the D-Block
Any problems? Call the AAE HELPLINE at 773.271.0318 days
email me at Roy@AlexanderArrangementofElements.com.